Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
At PNW Components
The short story:
We started PNW Components with the mission of delivering high quality, reliable products to customers at lower prices than they’re used to paying. We strive to be riders brand of choice for components while taking excellent care of our customers. Our team has decades of experience working for top bike brands in the industry, fostering strong relationships with leading manufacturers and working at the forefront of what’s new in the bike world. Our goal is to deliver top-performing products at a fraction of the cost.
The PNW team is made up of passionate downhill, enduro, cyclocross, XC, and gravel riders… we’ve even tried unicycles but none of us are very good at that. We are looking for a customer-focused Customer Support Specialist who can take ownership of our daily customer service and assist with fulfillment operations as needed.
Many companies mention customer-obsession, but we truly live it. In order to succeed in this role you must exhibit true empathy for customers and possess the ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to help them out quickly. This role is vital to our customers' experience and is a key-part in making customers for life. We’re a small company so you’ll have plenty of room for growth and to make a meaningful impact.
The ideal candidate would be able to handle a myriad of different email and customer service tickets in an efficient, yet thorough, manner. Communication should give the customer the benefit of the doubt and be resolved with a helpful and friendly demeanor. Email/tickets range from initial compatibility and sizing questions, to trouble-shooting technical and potential warranty issues. Additionally, you will be required to perform tasks outside of your typical customer support scope including assisting with fulfilling orders in our warehouse, servicing products and other miscellaneous tasks.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining a 24-hour first response timeframe to ensure customers know that we’re working to help and resolve their inquiry
- Ability to prioritize urgent tickets and resolve them within 48 hours, whenever possible
- Competency and enthusiasm to learn new software such as Amazon Seller Central, ShipHero, Zendesk and Shopify for tracking orders, checking inventory and placing orders
- Alert team to any recurring product or system issues
- Ability to assist warehouse team with picking orders
- In depth mechanical understanding of mountain bikes and ability to perform maintenance, service and installation of components
- Essentials skills include excellent written and verbal communication, patience, empathy and prior customer service experience
- Prior knowledge of Zendesk or other customer service ticketing software is highly desired
- Hands-on mechanical expertise of modern mountain bikes
- This is a technical role, prior bicycle shop experience highly preferred (bonus points if you were a mechanic)
- Must be comfortable learning and using technology
- Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. repeatedly throughout the workday
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of physical activity throughout the workday including but not limited to standing, walking, bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Customer-focused with empathy for solving customers’ inquiries, not just “dealing” with them and moving on to the next
- Incredible attention to detail
- Love to learn and ask questions
- Enjoy diving deep to fix issues and not just do the bare minimum
- Stoked to work independently with strong ambition to work hard
- Passionate about and involved in mountain biking
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability manage competing priorities
- Enjoy working within a growing company where change is constant
What we offer!
- Competitive pay
- Health care premium reimbursement (yes, that means we pay the majority of your monthly premium, if not all of it!)
- Vanguard 401K with employer matching
- Access to deep industry discounts
- A growing company with real opportunities for advancement
- Work-life balance
- The nicest people in the industry
If this role sounds up your alley, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter explaining why this role is a great match along with any other info you think we'd be interested in hearing.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.