Not only do we hate how expensive bike parts are, we believe bikes are primarily made for the sheer fun they add to our lives. This is the reason we started PNW Components. Having a crew with decades of experience working for the top bike brands in the industry, the PNW team has created strong relationships with leading manufacturers. What this means for you is high quality parts for a fraction of the cost, leaving money in your wallet to buy other things... like burritos. We love those too.
We've created a unique business model that benefits you directly. There's a few ways we're different:
1. Our team has proven success in the industry. Having worked for brands like Specialized, Trek, Marin & Sram, we have experience working with innovative leaders and their manufacturing partners. These leading companies have taught us the ins and outs of delivering high quality product with a focus on what riders want. That may sound simple, but you'd be surprised how that can be easily forgotten.
2. Low overhead costs. Funding world cup race teams, getting full-page spread ads in magazines and hiring marketing or branding consultants is expensive. Like, really, really expensive. These costs then need to be paid back through the sale of product. We don't expect to be a marketing powerhouse, we instead want to attract you with the quality of our parts and the super aggressive pricing we offer. We hope you then tell your friends. This is our form of marketing and we hope you find it compelling.
3. We buy direct. I'm sure you've heard all those sleazy diamond commercials over the years "BUY DIRECT AND SAVE". Well, while we don't agree with their delivery of that message, there is something to say for not going through many layers of middlemen. We get our parts directly from manufacturers, don't have a large staff and focus on online marketing. This strategy changes the way most brands do business and is similar to how many brands in other industries have been successfully doing things for years.
4. Approachable product in mind. Not everyone is an elite level racer or professional bike mechanic, nor strives to be. We choose and develop products that are easy to install, easy to service and work consistently time after time. Our parts happen to work at the same level of our competitors, but don't require intensive tuning or frequent servicing, allowing you to focus on having fun on your bike with your friends. Isn't that what riding should be about anyway?
5. Customer input appreciated. Lastly, without you as our customer, we're just a business concept and some products, but not a real company. We feel having great products and an experienced team isn't enough, therefore we value your feedback and take it very seriously. If you ever have an idea for a new product or feedback that would make our existing product better, please let us know. We don't pretend to know everything and aren't scared to hear how you really feel. Seriously, holler at us!
This is a start of our list, but more will continue to develop. We hope you like our products and make sure to stay tuned as we continue to release more products. And like I mentioned, if there's anything you see missing in our product lineup that you want, let me know!
Aaron Kerson, Owner